Saturday, December 18, 2004

These Are My Glasses....

We aren't allowed to wear eyeglasses around Emma. For no discernable reason she grabs them off my face and then folds them up and sets them aside. It is mildly annoying for me (lots of sticky fingerprints), but a real problem for Kevin. He can't see a thing without his glasses, but she still wants him to read to her. Fortunately, he's got a good memory and can recite most of her books by heart.

One of Emma's favorite songs from Miss Pat's storytime goes

These are my glasses
this is my book
I put on my glasses and open up the book
And I read read read and I look look look
I put down my glasses and
Oops, close up the book.

There are hand signs that go with the words, but the best part is at the end when you clap your hands together to close up the book. Gets a giggle every time.

No comments: