Today was E's first day of kindergarten. She did well, but came home exhausted. She handled the day better than K and I.
E has had a loose tooth for about a week now and was complaining about it at dinner. At one point she said it wasn't loose anymore (apparently because it was gone). Unfortunately, I assumed it didn't feel loose because the gum was swollen around it (it looked a little swollen this morning) but didn't look in her mouth. I gave her a dose of the grape stuff and we went on with the evening. At bedtime, K went to put some hydrogen peroxide on her gums (as the dentist instructed) and discovered a gaping hole where the tooth had been. After a fruitless search for the tooth, we decided to just leave a note for the tooth fairy. Maybe we need to teach her to chew more thoroughly?
No comments:
Post a Comment