This is Emma blogging today! Hi, people! Today in music I got my black belt. We have a program called Recorder Karate. It is called that because we get a belt for each song we learn to play on the recorder! Here are the songs and belts in order....
White/Hot Cross Buns
Yellow/Gently Sleep
Orange/Merrily we Roll Along (Mary Had a Little Lamb)
Green/It's Raining, It's Pouring
Purple/Old MacDonald Had a Farm
Blue/When the Saints Go Marching In
Red/Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
Brown/Amazing Grace
Black/Ode to Joy
Black is the hardest song and the highest ranking. Mr. Catron said I'm the first kid in several years to get that belt. Here's how it all started out this morning....
I tested for Amazing Grace and got the brown belt. Dad and Mom were telling me this morning before school that I should only worry about Amazing Grace and save Ode to Joy for next week. Right after I got the brown belt, I helped my friend Alejandra with her blue belt (I was ahead and she was pretty close behind me. Then my friend Abril said, "Hey, test for Ode to Joy! There's some time still left!" I got in line behind Dustin, the kid testing before me, and in less than 30 seconds, rumors were all over the room: Emma's getting her black belt. Everyone went crazy, so that was awesome. Oh, I then had some ice cream at 10 a.m. while taking an important test. Hey, that ice cream was for memorizing all the times and divided by tables. Ciao for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment